Monday, August 03, 2015

Apply for replacement Consular Report of Birth

Only Those Listed Below Are Authorized to Replace a Consular Report of Birth:

  • The individual whose birth is recorded on the document (if age 18 or older)
  • A parent or legal guardian
  • An authorized government agency or
  • A person with written authorization
To Replace a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240), You Must Submit:

1. A notarized written (or typed) request that includes all of the following information:

  • Full name of the child at birth
  • Any adoptive names of child
  • Child's date and place of birth
  • Any available passport information
  • Full name of parents
  • If known, the serial number of the FS-240
  • Signature of requester
  • Legal Guardian(s) Only: A copy of the court order granting guardianship
2. A copy of requester’s valid identification

3. A $50.00 check or money order

  • Make payable to “Department of State"
  • The Department will assume no responsibility for cash lost in the mail.
4. Mail to:

Department of State
Passport Services
Vital Records Section
Room 510
1111 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036